We have put together some pages to support families during COVID 19. Please see below.
- COVID 19 Support for Families links for carers support, bereavement support, support for victims of domestic violence and more,
- COVID 19 Support for Home Learning- links to useful websites and video channels, organised by subject.
Strategy for September 2020 Opening
Please find our plan below:
COVID 19 Support for Families
We are aware that the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic has been different for each family and many of you may be looking for support on various issues.
Please find a series of suggested agencies and websites that may be able to offer support below.
You are also always welcome to look for support from the school. Mrs. Tadgell and Mrs. Brown, our Learning Mentors are experienced in supporting families and can be contacted via the office: 01494 535564 firstname.lastname@example.org
If your concern relates to Child Protection or Safeguarding, please see our Safeguarding page: Safeguarding
The Bucks Family Information Service is a great place to find all sorts of support and services.
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- At a Loss
- Child Bereavement UK 0800 0288 840
- Muslim Bereavement Support Service
Mental Health Support
- Future Learn free online course for parents- Coping with Changes- Social and Emotional Learning Through Play
- Anxiety UK
- Mental Health Foundation
- The Samaritans
- Young Minds
- Bucks Family Support
- Calm- the meditation and sleep app
- Headspace for kids- meditation and sleep app
- Moshi- sleep and mindfulness app for children
- NHS Advice for parents on Anxiety in children
- Advice on anxiety for parents of children with Autism
- Symptoms of Anxiety video
- Helping an anxious child video
- Video guide on anxiety for children
- A to Z of strategies for anxiety video
Parenting and Relationship Support
- RELATE- Relationship counselling
- Family Lives Support- Parenting Support
- Action for Children- parenting support for 0-5 year olds
- Care for the Family- Parent Support
- Barnardo's- Family Support
- UK Government Guidance on supporting children's wellbeing during COVID
Support for Carers
Financial and Practical Support for families
- One Can Trust local food bank
- List of Debt advice services from Bucks Mind
- Money Housing and Food help from Bucks Family Information Service
Support Services for the victims of Domestic Violence
As you may heard through the news, unfortunately, cases of domestic abuse have increased during lockdowns. People of either gender, or in any type of relationship, can be affected by domestic abuse which includes emotional abuse (coercive control) as well as physical abuse. If you, or someone you know, need support and advice with this, please see below.
- Local Womens Aid 01494 461367
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Safe Lives