Houses at Abbey View
The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of our Academy and is an integral part of our academy community. It is our ambition that the House System alongside the Academy Council will enable our pupils to have a stronger voice in the decision-making across the Academy.
All children are allocated a House and they will spend all their time with us in that one House. Children can earn House Points for their Houses by working hard in class, producing really good quality work, being polite and courteous, helping each other and by setting a good example. House meetings are held where the children are encouraged to work hard for their Houses and to do the best they can to earn as many House Points as possible. As well as the academic side of school life, children also represent their Houses in Sports Day and other sporting/competitive events throughout the year.
Our House System
Rise above the rest, we will be the best
Fearsome and fearless, ready to fly
With wings we fly, with guts we try
Stronger together, better than ever
Objectives of the House System
Our objective is to give every child in each house and those who take positions of responsibility the following:
- A sense of belonging
- Positive role models from within their peer group
- A sense of achievement outside the classroom
- Fun and excitement through competition
- Curiosity and creativity
- Individual and collective responsibility
- The confidence to be bold, take action and develop a spirit of adventure
- The development of communication skills, flexibility and resilience
House Captains and Vice Captains
The children in the Academy vote yearly for new House and Vice Captains. The role of our House and Vice Captains is to set an example to younger children and embody the values that the school holds dear.
What do the House and Vice Captains do?
- They represent their Houses at school events, e.g. Sports Day.
- They celebrate House Points achieved weekly and termly by their Houses.
- They are the popular focus for the achievement of everyone.
- They embody the values of determination, teamwork, relationships, endeavour, good humour, and the kindness towards others
Our House and Vice Captains:
Red Kites- Qasim and Eliza
Eagles- Harry and Mueed
Night Hawks- Nithila and Uzair
Falcons- Lucas and Jack