Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
The PE and Sports Premium was introduced to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles. It is allocated to schools to work with all pupils.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The DFE vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in our school.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium 2021-22