Pupil Premium is a financial grant based on the number of pupils who have ever been eligible for Free School Meals (FSM). The aim of Pupil Premium is to support pupils who are eligible in their educational attainment. The Government believes that the Pupil Premium is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between pupils who are eligible and those who are not by ensuring that funding reaches those pupils who need it most. This funding varies from year to year depending on the number of pupils eligible.
At Abbey View Primary Academy we have high aspirations of everyone and we believe that, regardless of starting point, everyone should aim high and dream big. Disadvantage of any kind should never be a barrier to learning and achievement and the pupil premium grant allocates additional funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils. The academy will use the grant to support this group, which comprise of pupils with a range of different abilities, to narrow any achievement gaps between them and their peers. We recognise that not all pupils eligible for pupil premium funding will have lower attainment than their peers. In such cases, the grant will be used to help improve pupils’ progress and attainment so that they can reach their potential.
Eligibility is judged against the benefits that the applying parent/carer is entitled to.
You are entitled to Free School Meals if you are in receipt of:
- Universal Credit - with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- An Income–related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
If you are entitled to Child Tax Credit and also Working Tax Credit, you will be eligible for Free School Meals:
- during the four week period immediately after your employment ceases
- after you start to work less than 16 hours per week
How to apply
Please use the link below to download an application form or speak to the academy office