At Abbey View Primary Academy, we take the safety and welfare of our pupils very seriously. Safeguarding is paramount and we maintain a safeguarding culture. Staff are expected to be 'professionally curious' in order to protect pupils.
Please see our Safeguarding Statement below:
Report a Concern About a Child
If you have a serious concern about a child, call Bucks First Response- 01296 383962
You can also contact one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads listed below.
Safeguarding at Abbey View
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
- Ms M Mirza- Principal
- Mrs G Burrell-Brown- Early Years Lead and Reception teacher
Our Safeguarding Trustee is Mr S Moore.
We follow the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education and update our Child Protection Policy whenever there are any changes (at a minimum annually). We also follow the requirements for Safer Recruitment of staff.
Safeguarding Information for Parents
- Information about child abuse from the NSPCC
- Information about Child Sexual Exploitation from the Metropolitan Police
- Information about County Lines from The Children's Society
- Information about Female Genital Mutilation from the NHS
- Information about Radicalisation for parents from Educate Against Hate
- Information about the Prevent Strategy from Bucks CC
- Information about keeping children safe online from the UK Council for Internet Safety
Safeguarding Parent Meeting
Information from our February 2020 Safeguarding Meetings for Parents: