At Abbey View Primary Academy, we take the safety and welfare of our pupils very seriously. Safeguarding is paramount and we maintain a safeguarding culture. Staff are expected to be 'professionally curious' in order to protect pupils.
Report a Concern About a Child
If you have a serious concern about a child, call Bucks First Response- 01296 383962
You can also contact one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads listed below.
Safeguarding at Abbey View
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
- Ms M Mirza- Principal
- Mrs G Burrell-Brown- Early Years Lead and Reception teacher
Our Safeguarding Trustee is Dr Nahla Eltinay.
We follow the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education and update our Child Protection Policy whenever there are any changes (at a minimum annually). We also follow the requirements for Safer Recruitment of staff.
Safeguarding Information for Parents
- Information about child abuse from the NSPCC
- Information about Child Sexual Exploitation from the Metropolitan Police
- Information about County Lines from The Children's Society
- Information about Female Genital Mutilation from the NHS
- Information about Radicalisation for parents from Educate Against Hate
- Information about the Prevent Strategy from Bucks CC
- Information about keeping children safe online from the UK Council for Internet Safety
Safeguarding Parent Meeting
Information from our February 2020 Safeguarding Meetings for Parents: