Welcome to Year 4 where we are directors of our own learning.
Year 4 is an opportunity for the children to really start to take control of their learning. The increasing independence that comes with moving up through the Academy is really explored during this year.
There are so many exciting opportunities for the children to take part in – from trips through the rainforest and stories that transport us down the Amazon to time travelling back to the times of the Romans, Vikings and Anglo Saxons. It really is an action-packed curriculum.
Children in Year 4 should:
- be independent and proactive in their learning
- be determined to try their best
- have excellent attendance
- follow academy rules
- use the 5 Rs (resourcefulness, relationships, resilience, risk-taking and reflectiveness) in all their lessons
- be proud of the work they produce
- enjoy their time at AVPA
We will be sharing our adventure with you throughout the year via Twitter. You can follow our journey on our twitter page @AVPA_Y4.
Teacher: Mrs Saunders
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Botton
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Parmar
Information parents can use to help prepare their child for this terms learning in non core subjects
Learning in Action